Thursday, December 13, 2012

Grinch Party and Santa

I saw a cute idea on Pinterest for a grinch dinner. I thought it was such a fun idea, I just had to have my own! We made a turkey for the 'roast beast' and we had a hash brown casserole for the 'who hash' and pistachio pudding cake for the 'who pudding'. I did the best I could to make our kitchen look 'whoville-like'. The boys loved it and think we should decorate our kitchen like this every year. We will have to see.

I found these cute photo props on Etsy, and we had a great time trying them out--even before the party!




We had our Ward Christmas party on the same day- it was more of a brunch. Each of the boys got to sit with Santa.



I love how the place settings turned out. But I made the mistake of putting candy on the plates to make it look cute, the kids wanted to eat them THE WHOLE NIGHT! But, it sure makes it look pretty, don't you think?
My dad was a good sport and read "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" to all of us. He had fun tweaking it here and there to add-in the children!



I think they weren't too sure about it........

But they played along anyway!






Yay! Mistletoe!



Just LOVE Cory's face in this one!!!

aww!

 
We had such a fun night! The kids didn't care about the food or activities, they were just so excited to get to play with their cousins! I think we will either do this again next year, or maybe choose another Christmas movie for next year. A very fun time!

2 comments:

Cher said...

so cute, you always do such a great job with parties!!!

Allie said...

Well aren't you adorable. I Love it.