Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Logan is 6! Scooby Party!

Table set up.

Made Scooby-Doo suckers for party favors. These were a big pain to make, but they sure turned out cute! you can't see them really well, but i made 'hamburger' cupcakes for the kids. cupcakes cut in half with a brownie in the middle. easy and cute! these were the biggest hit with the kids as far as the treats went.

Not super happy with how the cake turned out. I hate it when I can't translate into reality what I picture in my head.



Made each layer a different color, the kids thought it was so cool!
Made a set of "Scooby Snacks" for each child as a favor. These were both cute and simple to make. easy, easy!         

I don't know why I even ask Bronson to smile!

I asked them to smile. This is what they give me. I have about a million more of these types of pictures!


First thing I had the boys do was go outside with markers and stickers and decorate paper bags. I took this opportunity to hide the gifts so we could start our mystery hunt! After they finished their bags I asked them to come in so we could open presents, only to find out that the gifts were missing!! They found a clue leading them down the hall to defeat the 'ghosts'!


The 'ghost' balloon pop was hysterical! They had such a hard time popping the balloons. They were all such good sports, just kept trying and trying. They were so excited when they spotted the balloon with the clue inside! That clue sent them to knock the bat out of the tree--so to the bat pinata we went! 



I got very few pictures of this game, I was on my own and couldn't move the pinata around while taking pictures,

Made this fun bat pinata for the boys to knock around. I was worried it wouldn't be tough enough, but it held up great. Just the right amount of a challenge. The clue inside the pinata sent them inside to play 'don't eat scooby'.

Logan in explaining the game of 'don't eat scooby' to the boys. basic rules: put one small candy on each square. one child leaves the room, the others choose one square to be 'it' and call the child back in. that child proceeds to eat one candy at a time. if they try to eat 'it' then the others yell out 'don't eat scooby'!! so fun, so easy. the kids get really into it! The clue here led them outside for a mummy wrap!

We split into two teams and they tried to get their entire roll of tp onto their 'mummy' first. the kids were so funny! they had a hard time going slow enough so that it wouldn't tear, and they got very creative, sticking the ends in pockets things. such smart little guys!
The clue here sent them to the backyard to find all of the 'scooby snacks'!




I altered some tp and paper towel rolls to kind of look like dog bones, and wrote the kids names on them. there were clue pieces in some of them and the clue sent them inside for cake! i sent them outside with their drinks and cake and pulled back out the presents. i then took them out the last clue which just sent them back inside. they were so so excited! it was so fun, the kids just loved the mystery hunt.  

5 comments:

The Houstons said...

I love the hamburger cupcakes and the suckers. You're turning into the Martha Stewart of birthday parties.

Jason and Kim said...

How do you come up with this clever stuff? What amazing ideas for a birthday party. I especially love that the gifts were "stolen."

Cher said...

wow, totally impressed. great party!

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, cute as always.

Jen @ Love, the Arthurs said...

So SO adorable! I love all the different games -- especially don't eat scooby! Your table and the food turned out so cute. I love it all!