My boys have both already informed me that they want to have dinosaur birthday parties this year. As I was looking for some fun ideas I stumbled upon
these adorable cupcakes. Today the boys and I had a practice session. One thing I learned: when it comes time to make these for the parties I will ONLY be making the stegosaurus. The t-rex's were a big pain and then the heads were too heavy and made the whole dino squish down--they all ended up looking squatty. As you can tell from the photos, it took me a few tries before I settled on a size that was most appropriate. But I think I got the hang of it. If you look in the background you can see the boys' "creations". They had a great time, Logan actually tried to make dinosaurs, Bronson just made whatever he felt like. They loved every second of it. I asked Logan if he thought we should do this again sometime and he laughed and me and said that I shouldn't ask him questions that I already know the answer to!
6 comments:
The stegosaurus cupcake looks great. I bet your boys just count down to their awesome birthday parties each year.
You're so creative! I hope your boys realize how lucky they are.
I love them! Even the t-rexes-- I think get are cute all squat!
Cute!
I like the first little blue t-rex the best i think they turned out great and i like how you can see bronson's creation on the second to last photo. Stick with the T-rex.
The anonymous comment was me... that was an accident to post as such
Post a Comment